Meeting Host and location: Shear Productions Salon
Catered by: Rossi’s Catering – Billy Rossi
Food served: Roasted Italian chicken and potatoes, green beans, and salad. Delicious as always!
Networking started at 5:30, Dinner was served at 6 and meeting and presentation about Branding Your Business, by Janet Lombardi, presented at 7:00. All member introductions were given with a comment on their business branding.
Debi ran the meeting this evening and thanked everyone for coming. She asked for updates on the following items:
- Membership Update– Anne: No new members to report this month.
- Treasurer Update – Ben/John: John is in Maui, poor thing, but Ben attended the meeting. No formal update, but the transition to John as treasurer is 99% completed.
- Festival Italiano Update – Janet: Filed the first application.
- Meeting Venues and Speakers – Janet:
- Monthly meeting location options: Grandmas Noodless, Caruso Kithen
- Communications/website/Facebook Update - Janet: Members can now pay through the website for events and membership fees. If you find anything confusing or if you’re having issues, please let Debi or Janet know so improvements or fixes can be made.
- Other news: Caruso Family Charities, has a fund raiser coming up on April 18th at ComedyWorks from 7:30pm – 9:30pm. The event is sponsored by Comfort Dental and features comedian: Jeff Caldwell. Lucy’s restaurant (above the comedy club) will donate 20% to the charity if you have dinner there prior to the comedy event. For more information or to make a donation, please visit:
Speaker was Janet Lombardi. A discussion was facilitatedon Branding.
Here are a few of my takeaways: "Branding is all the ways you establish trust, image, dependability and loyalty with your clients and peers, It’s a promise of value!”
A good brand achieves the following objectives:
- Clearly delivers your message·
- Confirms your credibility·
- Emotionally connects your target audience with your product and/or service·Motivates the buyer to buy·
- Creates user loyalty
"Brand is an emotion that customers feel when they think of you.”
It was a great topic and it inspired great conversation in the group.
I hope this inspires you to join us next month!!
We help employers hire right the first time by using our 3-step screening process.